h1

George Lucas on Star Wars/Insults Spider-Man

May 15, 2007

Two More Star Wars Movies Coming?
Source: Fox411
May 9, 2007

Fox411’s Roger Friedman talked to George Lucas at the all-star Time magazine dinner and got some interesting sound bites from the Indiana Jones 4 executive producer.Lucas says that Sean Connery still hasn’t signed on, but his character, Indy’s dad, is in the script. Other than that, his lips are sealed.

Lucas said that he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light & Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn’t work on was Spider-Man 3. What did he think of it?

“It’s silly. It’s a silly movie,” he said. “There just isn’t much there. Once you take it all apart, there’s not much story, is there?  People thought ‘Star Wars’ was silly, too,” he added, with a wink. “But it wasn’t.”

While Lucas is readying the new “Clone Wars” animated series, he told Friedman that he will make two more live-action films based in the “Star Wars” universe as well.

“But they won’t have members of the Skywalker family as characters,” he said. “They will be other people of that milieu.”

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like “Clone Wars,” Lucas doesn’t know where on TV they will land.

Oh, Mr. Lucas, you gone and done it now!  Whatever respect I had left for you after your prequel trilogy – is now gone.  You’re right though, Jar Jar Binks wasn’t silly.  Neither were metachlorians.  They were both taken extremely seriously and well-received by the audience and fans.  And with the whole “To the Darkside and back again” story, I’m glad you decided to tell that in 6 really long movies, as opposed to just one.  You know, in regards to your prequel trilogy, I remember reading in a magazine way back when that 60% of the story you wanted to tell was in the third movie, the other 40% was split up between the first and second movies, and the rest was just fluff.  I love fluff.  More so, I love paying $10.00 to watch a two and half hour movie that has only a half-hour’s worth of story to tell.  That always makes me feel great.

I’m looking forward to your new made for TV Star Wars movies, too.  I’m glad you’re exploiting your one good original idea for all it’s worth.  Heaven forbid you try to create something new.  Nothing better than beating a dead horse!  Especially when the horse spurts out wads cash every time you kick it!  You’re truly a genius, Jar-tard.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: